I have had a very busy spring. I have some blogging to get caught up on!
In April I attended the MN Cricut Swarm, that was so much fun! I have pictures I need to post from it. I also managed to get a number of layouts done, always a bonus!
In April I also decided to become a Stampin' Up demonstrator. It's been a learning process but I am having a great time. I am definitely getting better at my cards. I actually want to sit down and spend time on them.
Because of this new endeavor I knew I needed a better space for my supplies. I want to keep my Stampin' Up materials separate from the rest of my crafting. Not an easy challenge. We have a 5 bedroom house with 2 unused rooms in the basement. But it's a full basement so I rarely spend much time downstairs. It's time I changed that. We spent last weekend pulling everything out of the extra rooms and the storage closet. Wow, do we have stuff to get rid of and a mess to clean up downstairs! With both Mom's having passed away and we have all our childhood items, those rooms were packed. Not to mention, we still have some baby items. And Greg has so much computer junk plus guest room furniture somewhere in the mess, the basement is a disaster!
We got the one room cleared out, primed and it's painted. I picked a pale Cricut lime green. I used the Cricut to cut out stencils using Accent Essentials and painted purple and grey circles on the one wall. I absolutely love how it's turned out. Now I'm just working on setting the room up. It's going to be challenging to keep my stamping and scrapbook supplies separate. When the kids are older I'll probably keep everything in one room but for now, I have my scrapbook space in the living room, my stamping in the basement. I really hope it works out!
This is a mural the previous owners painted. I was so happy to finally paint over it!
This is one half of the room before we emptied it.
This is the other half of the room after some of the painting. Thankfully we have an egress window so I will get nice light during the day.
The colors didn't photographed right. The green looks fairly close. The grey is off and the purple looks more pink. Maybe when I have it all set up I'll take a photo in the morning and get more natural light for a better photo.